What can my leak be from? Leaking 2" a day

Jun 24, 2011
Hi everyone,

So I am at the point in my diagnosis that I have drained the water to a few inches below all returns and skimmer ports. I have no main drain.

I am losing 2" of water every day still.

I have tried using food coloring along various areas of the liner seams to see if it gets sucked in anywhere, however, I really cannot be certain I'm visually seeing any leaks. I don't see any obvious holes, tares, etc...

How can I figure out where my pool is leaking? Is it possible that all of the seams are slowly leaking together? My liner is probably is probably from around 2001. I will mention that at some point this year, in one of the rounded corners, a 6" vertical slit was created from what I would guess is just old vinyl stretching and weathering. I patched the hole - it is very close to the top of the pool... So it's not in the greatest condition, very faded. What is the average life of a pool liner?

Thanks,

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.