New tosite but loving it! Need your advice on 26' intex

May 19, 2013
Hi everyone! I also became an owner of a 26' yesterday of the last pool on the east coast!!! Seriously..... I had my teenage daughter drive an hour to the Lynchburg VA wallyworld to get what they said was the last one and in good condition. Once we got off work and came home and saw the outside damaged box....needless to say I was sick....however, all the parts seem to be there and no damage to the liner that we can tell at this point. So what do you guys think? Return or go for it? I called the WM back and told them I couldn't believe they would see a pool in this bad of condition and they were very apologetic and of course I have the option to return BUT it is the very last one and they are SOLD OUT online!!! Oh yeah I did ask my 17 year old if she was blind...... :hammer: HELP

I think that any damage or missing parts that you discover during the setup process should be covered by the warranty. WM is also really pretty good about returns and I would think that even if you you returned it all to them in an open box, they would still give you credit most likely. I had a line trimmer that I bought from them that after 3 months, became hard to start. I returned it to them dirty and oily and got my money back no problem, even after that amount of time.

Go for it! If anything is missing or damaged Intex will likely ship you a replacement. I've never heard any horror stories about them.

I too saw the online reviews talking about leaks. Ours is on it's second season & so far it's holding up well. The only modifications I made were to use a larger sand filter I had from a previous pool. I knew from experience the little cartridge thing they included with our 18'x48" is nowhere close to sufficient. The other thing I did was to take a hole puncher & put drain holes in a few of the openings where the legs meet the rails. Unless you only have a pool full of grandmothers lounging & making NO splashes, water will get into that area and not have a way to drain. This keeps that water from pooling up & turning green.

Level the ground, put down whatever you're going to put down, and go for it! Just make sure it's as level as you can get it, and then level some more. Dig down to level, don't try to fill. Water weighs 8 lbs per gallon, that will compact any fill dirt tighter than anything I can think of. if I had it to do over again, I'd skip the sand too. I've had a little issue with it washing out in one spot.

Thanks Big Kid! We are going to go for it! Just waiting on the guy to come dig the nice level hole for us since of course our back yard is nothing but a slope!!! By the time I finish this project, I am sure it will be winter. I failed to mention that we will be filling our pool from our pond since we have well water. I am hoping that we can clear the water up pretty fast but we will see. I will post pictures of this project as it is going to be a huge one!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.