2 Questions - CC's and Storing Bleach

AprilNC

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Question #1 - I test daily for chlorine and CC's ... and when I do the CC test the water stays clear after adding the 5 drops of R-0003 - but this morning I didn't empty the container immediately and an hour later it was pink ... does that mean I have CC's? How long do you wait after adding the R-0003?

Question #2 - I have read that bleach gets weaker if you store it outside ... but how much - My hubby is getting tired of bleach bottles in the kitchen so I am thinking about putting them in our shed. It would be covered from the sun, but not from hot/cool fluctuations ... How would that effect bleach stored for one week? two weeks?

Thanks!!

1. If you let the test sit for a while it will almost always turn back pink. Don't worry about it. You don't have any CC's unless it turns pink immediately upon adding the R-0003.

2. Temperature does affect bleach strength over time, but at the strengths we use, it takes months of hot weather to make much difference. I store 15 gallons at a time in the injection system drum outside and I can't tell that it loses any strength in the month that it sits there. I'd say storing it in a shed would be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.