Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Taylor test kit question

1. Back To Top    #1

Taylor test kit question

Hi everyone. After hanging Round the forum for a month or so. I decided to purchase the Taylor test kit TF100. I should be receiving it tomorrow. After reading some online instructions, and watching some videos, it seem pretty intimidating to me. I mean, do I have to go out side with a calculator and a pad and pencil to record these numbers and then enter into the pool calculator ? I know for the forum that thus is "the kit" but I hope it's not as hard and time consuming as it seems. Thoughts , please?
    36,000 gal IG vinyl. Haywood pump and heater Hayward DE filter blue diamond robot. Hayward Aqua Rite SWG AQR-15

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Taylor test kit question

I just got TF-100 perty easy. The pool calculator is in pool school and yes it is a time saver just input your numbers .
    24ft x 52in Round AGP Heritage pool Aquamaster 19 in sand filter & 1 hp pump. Clear Solar blanket 12 Mil. TF-100 Test Kit. Pool filled June 3rd 2013 well water.

3. Back To Top    #3

It's not nearly intimidating as it first seems. You'll get it down in no time and you'll wonder what all the fuss was about.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

There's a sheet in the kit to record readings. In a matter of weeks, you'll know the pool's appetite and will know how much bleach raises your pool how many ppm and so on. It gets really easy. Most of the time when you go out to run the full battery of tests, you'll be able to guess what you'll see. It's when it doesn't match your guesstimate that you need to worry.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

I found the testing fairly easy, assuming I did everything right. I will gain faith as I do more testing and see consistency in the results.

No record sheet in my TF100 kit received this week but I am sure I can make my own with no problem
    10000 Gal, IG Pebbletec, pop up cleaners,Hayward EcoStar VS, 425 sq ft Hayward Cartridge, waterfall feature

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for the help everyone. One more thing; is there a specific order to test. I.E should I test cya first ? Thanks
    36,000 gal IG vinyl. Haywood pump and heater Hayward DE filter blue diamond robot. Hayward Aqua Rite SWG AQR-15

7. Back To Top    #7

Daily testing would be FC/CC, and pH.

Monthly testing would be TA, CH, and CYA. CYA only if you have had a significant amount of water replacement, as in 6" or more.

At least this is how I handle my own testing.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.