Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How long before I can run pool heater after replaster job?

1. Back To Top    #1

How long before I can run pool heater after replaster job?

My pool was replastered 2 weeks ago. It is crystal clear (no dust) and in balance. We are having a pool party on Sunday. Is it okay to use the heater at all? If so, what temperature should I not exceed?

Thanks
    13,200 IG pebble sheen pool with raised spa and waterfalls, variable speed Pentair pump, oversize Pentair cartridge filter, Legend pool cleaner. TF -100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How long before I can run pool heater after replaster jo

Bump
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320

3. Back To Top    #3

It should be fine to run the heater. I wouldn't try to get it much more than 100F but anything under that should be fine.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I'd run it whenever. What are you aiming for? 85, 86? If you had solar panels or even a solar cover it would be that hot by now anyway - unless you've been having weird weather or something.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    It should be fine to run the heater. I wouldn't try to get it much more than 100F but anything under that should be fine.

Thanks for the feedback. Now my pool will be crystal clear AND warm for the party.
    13,200 IG pebble sheen pool with raised spa and waterfalls, variable speed Pentair pump, oversize Pentair cartridge filter, Legend pool cleaner. TF -100 test kit.