Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How Full is too Full

1. Back To Top    #1

How Full is too Full

I have a new hot tub and I have filled it but I am concerned that it is too full. I picked it up on Craigslist and, of course, the associated manuals were not available. Can anyone tell me where the "full line" is on this hot tub? Currently, I am full above the skimmer but there is water leaking from the line below the big round air blower adjustment knob. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also, from looking at the picture, does anyone know who the manufacturer is?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How Full is too Full

I am not sure that there is a too full on a spa like that. The water level needs to be high enough so that the suction and the jets are below the water line. But low enough when you have your normal amount of soakers the water doesn't overflow.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

I used to run mine about the 2nd slot from the top of the skimmer with no one in it, it would rise some when people got in.
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks everyone. I dropped the level to right above the first slot on the skimmer. I also figured out that the water that I thought was in an air line is not, it is a water line I am a total novice @ this hot tub thing. Tomorrow is the day that 220 electrical will be installed and then we shall see what is wrong with it. The previous owner/owners did a real hack job on the electrical cord so I am hoping that is why it stopped working. If yes, I am in for a few hundred. If not, I am holding my breath to hear what the real problem is and the cost.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).