total newb w some Q

Jul 20, 2013
Hopefully in the next 5 days if all goes as planned i will have a 27' abgp going

I ordered a swg but know nothing of pool chemistry and am even a bit confused by the pool calculator

If im starting a sw pool im guestimating my pool around 21500 gallons, im figuring about 570lb of salt, 1 gallon of bleach....but im confused on the rest... cya, borax, baking soda.... im not even sure i figured salt or bleach right as i dont know if or how the two effect each other.

Not to mention i have no clue of whats already in my tapwater.

1st things first-order a test kit RIGHT now! Look in my siggy for the link to the test kits.

After you order your test kit start reading Pool School. Read and reread. It is a LOT of info. but you will start to understand it after you read, read, read, read, well you know what I mean. LOL

Good luck!

Ok thank you, ive read thru and will do.so again, but i didnt see anything on the initial fill up of a pool, not sure what to do once its full, its gonna be a salt pool...do i need to add bleach,baking soda, borax? Do i just add the 500+ lbs of salt and let the swg run? This is where im a lil confused

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.