Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: total newb w some Q

1. Back To Top    #1

total newb w some Q

Hopefully in the next 5 days if all goes as planned i will have a 27' abgp going

I ordered a swg but know nothing of pool chemistry and am even a bit confused by the pool calculator

If im starting a sw pool im guestimating my pool around 21500 gallons, im figuring about 570lb of salt, 1 gallon of bleach....but im confused on the rest... cya, borax, baking soda.... im not even sure i figured salt or bleach right as i dont know if or how the two effect each other.

Not to mention i have no clue of whats already in my tapwater.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: total newb w some Q

1st things first-order a test kit RIGHT now! Look in my siggy for the link to the test kits.

After you order your test kit start reading Pool School. Read and reread. It is a LOT of info. but you will start to understand it after you read, read, read, read, well you know what I mean. LOL

Good luck!
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok thank you, ive read thru and will again, but i didnt see anything on the initial fill up of a pool, not sure what to do once its full, its gonna be a salt i need to add bleach,baking soda, borax? Do i just add the 500+ lbs of salt and let the swg run? This is where im a lil confused

4. Back To Top    #4
    Elverson Pa.

Take a look at this. pool-school/water_balance_saltwater_generator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.