Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New AG Install

1. Back To Top    #1

New AG Install

Hi, my name is Bob and I'm from SW Pa near Pittsburgh. I had a pool back in the 80's for my kids and now this one is for the Grandkids, so I have some pool knowledge. My pool will be installed in 2 or 3 weeks, I have been doing a lot of reading on this site and I want to do the BBB method. What are the procedures for new startup? Another question, I get a chlorinator as part of the install, should I try to return it for credit or just keep it?
    8200 Gal. AGP 12'x 24'x 54" Sharkline Oceanic - Hayward 1.5 Single Speed Pump - Hayward D.E. Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New AG Install

Keep it for use on vacations and times away. The best procedure you can follow is to order one of the test kits we recommend, test your water, and know EXACTLY what you need to do. Familiarize yourself with pool school.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

Check out this article on Opening an Above Ground Pool. Definitely keep your chlorinator for use when you are on vacation and the pool will be left unattended.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp
    Keep it for use on vacations and times away. The best procedure you can follow is to order one of the test kits we recommend, test your water, and know EXACTLY what you need to do. Familiarize yourself with pool school.
    Thanks for the reply, I plan on hard plumbing my AGP, can you tell me about your setup? I need advice on where to put shutoff valves, unions, by-passes, etc.
    8200 Gal. AGP 12'x 24'x 54" Sharkline Oceanic - Hayward 1.5 Single Speed Pump - Hayward D.E. Filter