Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: how long have the bigger seasonal pools been around?

1. Back To Top    #1

how long have the bigger seasonal pools been around?

I was born in 77 and being a little kid in the 80s the best I ever had was a rigid plastic wall maybe 10 or 12 foot circle like 2 feet deep. (It rolled up and came with a junky water powered vac like my bro's new intex)

Was stuff like 18 foot circle pools that were 4 feet deep available then at prices comparable to now inflation adjusted and such?

The first time I ever saw one was a 20something foot intex at sams in I think like 2004 when my 1st daughter was born. They had it assembled with no water in the store. I remember thinking at the time when she'd be old enough for me to buy something like that. I bought my s.e. a little later than I planned but I did buy at Sam's.
    ------------------------------------
    18' Summer escapes with original skimmer + intex pump + intex sand filter w/ Zeolite, Intex SWG. 1x ecosaver 50sqft solar panel with dedicated pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: how long have the bigger seasonal pools been around?

You might be interested in this article:The History of Aboveground Pools: Playing for Keeps. Round bove ground pools with steel walls and vinyl liners were introduced in the late 1950s according to the author.
    Outdoor 14,000 gallon IG plaster pool built in 2000 with spillover spa, 2 hp WhisperFlo pump with MagneTek motor, Sta-Rite cartridge pool filter with 300 ft2 filtration area and 0.33 gpm/ft2 filtration rate, Aquabot Rapids 4WD robotic pool cleaner, Raypak digital gas heater, and Intermatic mechanical timer located in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: how long have the bigger seasonal pools been around?

Well, our neighbor had a steel wall above ground pool in the 60's ... I'd say it was 4 ft. tall and around 18-24 foot.
    AG proseries 22ft. round. 52". 11400 gal.Intex SWG.2000 gh/2650 gph,sand filter intex/ Hayward Aquabug vac. well.Ga. t-50 test kit.