pool filter

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Well, either you are set on Recirculate. Or you did not add enough DE after the last backwash. Or your backwash valve is allowing water to bypass the filter. Or there is something wrong in the filter (torn grid, broken manifold, etc).

I have a grid like filter, they are like panels. I do have a backwash valve, after I backwash and add DE it comes out into the pool also. I just spoke with another individual and they mentioned there may be a rip in one of the filter panels and that may cause it. Does that sound accurate to you?

You can normally find a replacement grid to replace the blown out grid. They are pretty easy to change. Do a search before you take it apart to see if there are any hints for your model.. Some of them are fragile when you take the top spanner off.

I don't have this style but IIRC some of them suggest only removing one grid at a time and replacing it before moving on to the next grid. They can be hard to rebuild if completely taken apart. Also, some of them have fragile areas.

These are not to scare you off from doing it, but rather to let you know it can be done and help is available.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.