- 14x32 inground vinyl liner pool
- Full length steps with the second step a sun ledge that is 4 ft long
- 1 skimmer
- 3 returns
- Pentair sand filter
- Pentair variable speed pump
- Pentair heat pump
- Pentair LED light (color changing)
- CoverStar Automatic cover (light gray)
- Concrete formed coping
- GLI liner - Gerano

Dig was today (7/24/13)

Attachments

• IMG_2083.jpg
    IMG_2083.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 744
  • IMG_2011.jpg
    IMG_2011.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 737
Hi amytude - I saw that you guys were about the same phase as us. It really is exciting. Except my husband in mourning his lost sod. Our house is a new build and we'd only had the sod for a couple of months, but he had taken really good care of it. He's excited for his pool but very sad for his beautiful yard.

Day 2 is complete. The frame of the steps are in, the light is in, and the footers are poured. They won't be back until Monday or Tuesday so lots of staring at our destroyed sod.

Some pictures from today

Attachments

• IMG_2094.jpg
    IMG_2094.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 661
  • IMG_2098.jpg
    IMG_2098.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 660
  • IMG_2096.jpg
    IMG_2096.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 662
We built nearly 2 years ago and have not had a backyard (sod in the front). I can't imagine that, either! I like that you are in Grovetucky...lol...I'm originally from KY (so allowed to say that).

Day 6 and 7 - Lots completed - track for auto-cover installed, forms for cantilever edge installed, more plumbing, more grading, etc. Concrete and Electrician scheduled for next week.

Attachments

• IMG_2141.jpg
    IMG_2141.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_2168.jpg
    IMG_2168.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG_2170.jpg
    IMG_2170.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 542
  • IMG_2170.jpg
    IMG_2170.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 541
  • IMG_2170.jpg
    IMG_2170.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 543

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Finally the concrete has been poured. Electrician has completed his work. Lots of hardscape work this week. Hoping to have the liner place before this weekend, but with our luck probably not.

Attachments

• IMG_0156.JPG
    IMG_0156.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_0164.JPG
    IMG_0164.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_0165.JPG
    IMG_0165.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 411
You are light years ahead of us. We have not poured concrete, yet. Speaking of....concrete guy who works with our PB is charging $7.50 sq ft for colored concrete. Only 4' around included in PB's quote, so we pay over that. How much concrete did you decide on, Fogette?

amytude - We did 1300 sq ft of concrete (4 ft on two sides, 8 ft on shallow end, and the rest is the patio that connects the house and firepit). The majority of the concrete is just broom finished with no color. The only coloring and stamping we did was a 14 in border around the pool and firepit area. The pool also has the formed concrete coping, which they should be finishing today, I can't wait to see how that turns out. We paid $5.50 sq ft for the concrete (with just a little extra charge for the borders, but I don't remember what that was). There was no concrete included with our pool contract, but we went with the company our pool builder uses, and so far have been pretty impressed.

Wow, that seems like a great price (which varies GREATLY by region so I know it's hard to compare). Just got the measurements and ours is 2000 sq ft which seems a bit like overkill? We're looking at a similar finish (swirl for us). It was very important that the surface be as non-slippery as possible. How deep is your deep end? WE are doing 8 ft with a diving board.

I wanted to do more concrete but we were already over budget. But seeing the finished product, we think the 1300 sq ft is going to be enough for us. I guess the final test will be when we put all the patio furniture on it. I've basically been filling our garage with patio furniture (I love Craigslist), so my husband is very excited to get the garage back soon.

Our deep end is 7 ft deep and no diving board and the shallow end has a gradual slope from 3.5 to 4.5 ft.

The pool is finally complete!! I didn't think it was going to be possible, but I'll be able to watch the Buckeye home opener from my pool. That is, as long as it doesn't rain here. Thank you Zaber Pools of Columbus, I couldn't have asked for more. Here are some pictures of the finished product. It's been a busy week here, but oh so worth it.

Attachments

• IMG_2391.jpg
    IMG_2391.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_2402.jpg
    IMG_2402.jpg
    445.8 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_2404.jpg
    IMG_2404.jpg
    457.2 KB · Views: 328

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.