- 14x32 inground vinyl liner pool
    - Full length steps with the second step a sun ledge that is 4 ft long
    - 1 skimmer
    - 3 returns
    - Pentair sand filter
    - Pentair variable speed pump
    - Pentair heat pump
    - Pentair LED light (color changing)
    - CoverStar Automatic cover (light gray)
    - Concrete formed coping
    - GLI liner - Gerano

Dig was today (7/24/13)
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool Build - Columbus, Ohio

Keep the pictures coming!

3. Back To Top    #3

Congrats on starting!! It's so weird seeing our old neighborhood! Keep us updated!!
    Purposed new pool at home being built- 20x40 vinyl pool, 20ft vinyl covered steps, Automatic cover, 6 ft sheer decent, 4 lighted deck jets, lime stone coping, easy touch, heat pump, SPA- 8x8 fiberglass shell, limestone steps surrounding
    previous home- 16 x 32 IG Vinyl- Install- Mid June 2011. 3ft Shallow 8ft Deep/ Totally Hayward 1HP pump/ 250 pound Sand/ AquaPro800 Heat pump/ Blue Hampton Liner/ 2 Intellibrite LED Lights/ Polaris 360/ 4 Deckjet II's/ 3ft concrete Apron/ 800 sq ft Paver Patio

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm up in NE Ohio and we are around the same building phase as you. So exciting!
    36K gal (40 X 20), IG vinyl w/AC, Hayward single speed Super Pump 1hp, Hayward C1200 Star-Clear Plus 120 sq ft cartridge filter, Hayward AquaPlus SWG
    TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin Supreme robot
    Cleveland, OH

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi amytude - I saw that you guys were about the same phase as us. It really is exciting. Except my husband in mourning his lost sod. Our house is a new build and we'd only had the sod for a couple of months, but he had taken really good care of it. He's excited for his pool but very sad for his beautiful yard.

Day 2 is complete. The frame of the steps are in, the light is in, and the footers are poured. They won't be back until Monday or Tuesday so lots of staring at our destroyed sod.

Some pictures from today

6. Back To Top    #6

We built nearly 2 years ago and have not had a backyard (sod in the front). I can't imagine that, either! I like that you are in Grovetucky...lol...I'm originally from KY (so allowed to say that).
    36K gal (40 X 20), IG vinyl w/AC, Hayward single speed Super Pump 1hp, Hayward C1200 Star-Clear Plus 120 sq ft cartridge filter, Hayward AquaPlus SWG
    Cleveland, OH

7. Back To Top    #7

Day 3 and 4 complete - Equipment on pad, returns and skimmer, backfill, bottom started...

8. Back To Top    #8

Day 5 - We have a bottom

9. Back To Top    #9

Day 6 and 7 - Lots completed - track for auto-cover installed, forms for cantilever edge installed, more plumbing, more grading, etc. Concrete and Electrician scheduled for next week.

10. Back To Top    #10

We have a similar pools, can't wait to see the outcome. We love our sunledge and full length steps.
    18' x 38' IG Vinyl 21K
    1.5 Hp Hayward pump
    Double main drain, 4 returns
    Rheem heater
    18' x 6' Sun ledge, Automatic Cover, Interfab Extreme Slide

11. Back To Top    #11

Day 8 - Grid, cover for auto-cover, hand rails, etc...

12. Back To Top    #12

Finally the concrete has been poured. Electrician has completed his work. Lots of hardscape work this week. Hoping to have the liner place before this weekend, but with our luck probably not.

13. Back To Top    #13

You are light years ahead of us. We have not poured concrete, yet. Speaking of....concrete guy who works with our PB is charging $7.50 sq ft for colored concrete. Only 4' around included in PB's quote, so we pay over that. How much concrete did you decide on, Fogette?
    Cleveland, OH

14. Back To Top    #14

amytude - We did 1300 sq ft of concrete (4 ft on two sides, 8 ft on shallow end, and the rest is the patio that connects the house and firepit). The majority of the concrete is just broom finished with no color. The only coloring and stamping we did was a 14 in border around the pool and firepit area. The pool also has the formed concrete coping, which they should be finishing today, I can't wait to see how that turns out. We paid $5.50 sq ft for the concrete (with just a little extra charge for the borders, but I don't remember what that was). There was no concrete included with our pool contract, but we went with the company our pool builder uses, and so far have been pretty impressed.

15. Back To Top    #15

Great looking progress! Going to be a fabulous pool! I am about 1 1/2 hours below you guys. Boy plays AAU ball and we find ourselves in Grove City, all over Columbus, heck, all over Ohio!
    18x36 Lagoon vinyl IG DIY sport bottom 3.5-5-3.5 18K gal. Hayward Tri-Star 1 1/2 HP 2 Speed, Hayward 27" 350lb. sand filter, Hayward Aquarite w/ T-15, 1 skimmer, 2 returns, 2 step jets, 4 deck jets, 1 waterfall, TF-100

16. Back To Top    #16

Wow, that seems like a great price (which varies GREATLY by region so I know it's hard to compare). Just got the measurements and ours is 2000 sq ft which seems a bit like overkill? We're looking at a similar finish (swirl for us). It was very important that the surface be as non-slippery as possible. How deep is your deep end? WE are doing 8 ft with a diving board.
    Cleveland, OH

17. Back To Top    #17

I wanted to do more concrete but we were already over budget. But seeing the finished product, we think the 1300 sq ft is going to be enough for us. I guess the final test will be when we put all the patio furniture on it. I've basically been filling our garage with patio furniture (I love Craigslist), so my husband is very excited to get the garage back soon.

Our deep end is 7 ft deep and no diving board and the shallow end has a gradual slope from 3.5 to 4.5 ft.

18. Back To Top    #18

The pool is finally complete!! I didn't think it was going to be possible, but I'll be able to watch the Buckeye home opener from my pool. That is, as long as it doesn't rain here. Thank you Zaber Pools of Columbus, I couldn't have asked for more. Here are some pictures of the finished product. It's been a busy week here, but oh so worth it.

19. Back To Top    #19

Some more pictures

20. Back To Top    #20

Trying to pick a new liner and I'm looking at GLI and trying to decide between Gerano or Bonito. Are you happy with Gerano? The pictures look great but we have always had a blue liner. Thanks so much!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast