New Pool Chemicals??

Jun 29, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Hello everyone,

Perhaps this question is listed elsewhere, sorry if I missed it.

I have a new pool just filling up as we speak and almost to correct level.

My question is: What chemicals should I put in a new pool? I will be ordering the recommended test kit today, so I have no way of checking the pool currently.

Any responses will be welcome and very much appreciated.

Add enough bleach to get about 2 ppm FC in there each evening until you have some CYA in it. Then start dosing for the amount of CYA you targeted. You also need to test the pH and adjust it if it's way off. Do you have a pH test?

Thanks for the answers!

I cannot test until my test kit arrives. I ordered it today. Went outside and found a new problem. 3 of the cement blocks that I used for the footings on my Intex ultra frame supports Broke in half! I used cement wall "caps" that are 16" long and seemed to be the perfect size.

I suppose I will need to try to jack up the supports and replace the blocks. Any one familiar with that process?

There's a couple of threads here where people have jacked up the legs and replaced the pads. You most likely had cinder block pads. One of the others had cinder block pads and they broke. They replaced them with concrete pads.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.