Lagoon Pool Plumbing and Flow

Ukie

May 29, 2012
Export, PA
First of all thanks for the great forum and tons of helpful information! Way to go all the supporters and contributors!

Being lurking here for a while and decided to pull a trigger on IG lagoon shape pool (steel walls, vinyl liner).
Here's proposed returns/skimmers location and flow. Is there anything to improve?

Btw, majority of equipment is Pentair:
Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo 3HP Variable Speed pump, CCP420 cartridge filter, Pentair IC-40 Salt system, 2 color LED light.

[attachment=0:24fm32w9]lagoon.png[/attachment:24fm32w9]

Initially me and PB agreed on 5 returns, but he's saying that 4 is enough.
Pool location is SW PA.

duraleigh said:
If your pool behaves like mine, skimmer #1 will collect few leaves. skimmers need to be placed on the downwind side to maximize the floating material they pick up.
Thanks for your post. My PB says, and I agree to it, that water flow will control floating debris. I do not see any benefit of adding 3rd skimmer on the downwind side. But again, that's just theory. Real life experience might be different.

If you're not going to add a third skimmer you should at least move skimmer 2 to just left or right of the bottom return. Prevailing winds will carry the debris much farther and faster than the circulation of the water will.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.