Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spreading Stains on Pool Floor

1. Back To Top    #1

Spreading Stains on Pool Floor

Hello all. Just wanna say I enjoy reading all the posts and all of the great information you share. I'm hoping I can get some assistance. My first time owning a pool and I just had it installed in June. I have the Perma Salt system (I know, I know... Why? After reading other posts) and the pool is 21ft, above ground, and 52 inches high. I'd say about a month in, a stain started to develop on the bottom, I would shock and it would go away. Then after a couple of days it would return, well now here we are today and the original stain is a bigger stain and there are medium and small stains running along a path. I've used whole bottles of Proteam black magic algae killer, some commercial black algae kill ( as per my local pool store), multiples bags of shock all in the past week n a half and while the stains have lightened a bit they are still there and really frustrating me. I hope someone can please shine some light onto my gloomy self and please make me not regret getting this pool. My apologies for such a long post, just had a lot to say. Thank u again.

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: Spreading Stains on Pool Floor

Welcome! Sounds like you need to SLAM your pool and brush it well. See Pool School for "how to".
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!