Welcome to the New and Improved TFP!!!

frustratedpoolmom said:
I like the quick reply too? Is that gone forever?

Where is the CYA/Chlorine chart? I noticed my "Stickys" short cut in my sig doesn't work anymore, so I was correcting it. Found the Pool Calculator but not the CYA/Chlorine chart....

Help!!!

(Also, The emoticons were there on my first post on the new TFP but now it's gone.....)

Please, for the time being hold off on the aritcle suggestions. I have quite a few in the queue, including a simpliifed chlorine / cya chart. It will just take a bit of time to get them all in place. After I am done, I may ask for suggestions for additional topics.

There is no longer a "stickies" page, which is why the link does not work. The sickies page has been replaced with Pool School which has a much better layout, and easier to follow articles - again still adding to it.

I show the full list of smilies / emoticons. They look a little small on my screen, which I'll work on but they are there. You may want to clear your cookies and re-load the site. That should restore them for you.

frustratedpoolmom said:
I like the quick reply too? Is that gone forever?

Where is the CYA/Chlorine chart? I noticed my "Stickys" short cut in my sig doesn't work anymore, so I was correcting it. Found the Pool Calculator but not the CYA/Chlorine chart....

Help!!!

(Also, The emoticons were there on my first post on the new TFP but now it's gone.....)

Please, for the time being hold off on the aritcle suggestions. I have quite a few in the queue, including a simpliifed chlorine / cya chart. It will just take a bit of time to get them all in place. After I am done, I may ask for suggestions for additional topics.

There is no longer a "stickies" page, which is why the link does not work. The sickies page has been replaced with Pool School which has a much better layout, and easier to follow articles - again still adding to it.

I show the full list of smilies / emoticons. They look a little small on my screen, which I'll work on but they are there. You may want to clear your cookies and re-load the site. That should restore them for you.

I know, I know....I forgot my TFPFP dose....sorry, I'll try to be more patient :)

I don't know what's up with these quotes tho?
Sometimes the emoticons are there and sometimes they're not....
I found the CYA Chart and while I was perusing around I see what you mean, everything's still in progress.

So I'll just be a good member and have a dose of TFPFP. :) forgive me....

frustratedpoolmom said:
SeanB said:
frustratedpoolmom said:
I'm hitting the quote button when I reply, and see how my posts look? Am I doing something wrong?

You had quotes and smillies disabled in your individual post.

LOL how do I fix it? I don't recall hitting anything on purpose....(insert blushing emoticon here)

When you are typing a post, look below the white box. You have options there. One is to disable bb code and the other is to disable smilies. I'm not sure why, but you default seems to be set not to allow those. I'll look into it, but in the mean time, all you need to do is uncheck those boxes.

On the cya chart, it can still be found here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2346

I know the formatting is messed up. I've got to add in some custom bb code that should correct that.

I hope there is some way to re-enable the ability to subscript and superscript using CO2 or H+ sequences. Otherwise, all those chemical formulas are going to look really ugly. The ability to subscript and superscript was one very nice feature this forum had that The Pool Forum did not. Superscripting was even used in the chlorine/CYA chart for footnoting.

It sounds like you are going to add in custom BB code so don't forget to do that for superscript and subscript as well.

One more suggestion: change the link color to be a lighter shade of blue. The dark blue is barely distinguishable from regular black text.

Other than the above, the upgrade looks great!

Richard

Cool! lookin great!

If you click on the little blue rectangle next to a thread title with unread posts, it takes you to the first unread post!! And each post is marked as either red or unread by the same white (read) or blue) unread rectangle!!
sweet!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey Sean,

I just wanted to say thanks and keep up the GREAT work. The new site is looking great and I am sure that you will get all of the bugs worked out but I just wanted to say thanks to you for all of the hard work that you have put into getting this new site up and running.

Eddie

TFP's

I would like to propose a 48 hour moratorium on complaints about the new forum. I have spoken with seanB and he and the programmer have had very little sleep over the past two days and need some space to regroup and start working out the kinks.

I think we all can find some things that need fixing but complaining about them now just gives them more things to do (i.e...answer the complaints)

Let's give him a day or so to recover and then we'll all jump his butt at once!! (I would insert several smilies here...if they worked) :) :) :)

duraleigh said:
TFP's

I would like to propose a 48 hour moratorium on complaints about the new forum. I have spoken with seanB and he and the programmer have had very little sleep over the past two days and need some space to regroup and start working out the kinks.

I think we all can find some things that need fixing but complaining about them now just gives them more things to do (i.e...answer the complaints)

Let's give him a day or so to recover and then we'll all jump his butt at once!! (I would insert several smilies here...if they worked) :) :) :)

I apologize if I contributed to the lack of sleep and I shouldn't have complained.... :oops:

Whatever was going wrong with my posts is fine now, it must have been something I did....

The new site DOES look great. Get some sleep guys! (insert HEART emoticon!)

lulupalooza said:
Just curious is this the newest verision of phpbb available? if so, version 2.0 is so primative compared to this,LOL

Finding everything to be so user friendly.

Yes, this version was over 5 years in development. It's been around in various beta stages for quite a while, but I wanted to wait unitl the final version had been release and around for awhile before making the move.

If you think v2 was primative, you should see the stripped down version. Ours was HIGHLY modified.

Glad you like it and thanks to everyone for the kind words. It's been a tremendous amount of work. We aren't done yet, but it's nice to know the effort has been appreciated.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.