Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the New and Improved TFP!!!

Re: Welcome to the New and Improved TFP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SeanB
    Quote Originally Posted by frustratedpoolmom
    Quote Originally Posted by ktdave
    Very Cool Sean!

It gonna take some gettin used to, but it looks GREAT!
    Ditto!!!

Should the "quotes" look that way?
    Working for me.
    Did it work this time? Testing...

Still can't find the CYA/Chlorine chart....
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

I'm hitting the quote button when I reply, and see how my posts look? Am I doing something wrong?
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner

I like the quick reply too? Is that gone forever?

Where is the CYA/Chlorine chart? I noticed my "Stickys" short cut in my sig doesn't work anymore, so I was correcting it. Found the Pool Calculator but not the CYA/Chlorine chart....

Help!!!

(Also, The emoticons were there on my first post on the new TFP but now it's gone.....)
    Please, for the time being hold off on the aritcle suggestions. I have quite a few in the queue, including a simpliifed chlorine / cya chart. It will just take a bit of time to get them all in place. After I am done, I may ask for suggestions for additional topics.

There is no longer a "stickies" page, which is why the link does not work. The sickies page has been replaced with Pool School which has a much better layout, and easier to follow articles - again still adding to it.

I show the full list of smilies / emoticons. They look a little small on my screen, which I'll work on but they are there. You may want to clear your cookies and re-load the site. That should restore them for you.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

I'm hitting the quote button when I reply, and see how my posts look? Am I doing something wrong?
    You had quotes and smillies disabled in your individual post.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

I like the quick reply too? Is that gone forever?

Where is the CYA/Chlorine chart? I noticed my "Stickys" short cut in my sig doesn't work anymore, so I was correcting it. Found the Pool Calculator but not the CYA/Chlorine chart....

Help!!!

(Also, The emoticons were there on my first post on the new TFP but now it's gone.....)
    Please, for the time being hold off on the aritcle suggestions. I have quite a few in the queue, including a simpliifed chlorine / cya chart. It will just take a bit of time to get them all in place. After I am done, I may ask for suggestions for additional topics.

There is no longer a "stickies" page, which is why the link does not work. The sickies page has been replaced with Pool School which has a much better layout, and easier to follow articles - again still adding to it.

I show the full list of smilies / emoticons. They look a little small on my screen, which I'll work on but they are there. You may want to clear your cookies and re-load the site. That should restore them for you.
    I know, I know....I forgot my TFPFP dose....sorry, I'll try to be more patient :)

I don't know what's up with these quotes tho?
    Sometimes the emoticons are there and sometimes they're not....
    I found the CYA Chart and while I was perusing around I see what you mean, everything's still in progress.

So I'll just be a good member and have a dose of TFPFP. :) forgive me....

LOL how do I fix it? I don't recall hitting anything on purpose....(insert blushing emoticon here)

Quote Originally Posted by SeanB
    LOL how do I fix it? I don't recall hitting anything on purpose....(insert blushing emoticon here)
    When you are typing a post, look below the white box. You have options there. One is to disable bb code and the other is to disable smilies. I'm not sure why, but you default seems to be set not to allow those. I'll look into it, but in the mean time, all you need to do is uncheck those boxes.

On the cya chart, it can still be found here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2346

I know the formatting is messed up. I've got to add in some custom bb code that should correct that.
    TFP Founder

At work on Win NT it's kicking me off each time I post or refresh. At work on Vista it's keep me logged on.

Upgrade looks great.
    The avatar is Spalding from Caddyshack
    18x36 vinyl IG - approximately 24000 gal
    Jandy SHPM1.5 Pump (1.5 HP); Jandy APURE 1400 SWG; Polaris PB4-60Q Booster Pump; Jandy CL340 Cartridge Filter
    (3) 4'x12' Aquatherm solar panels
    Next project, pump sound enclosure and lots of pool landscaping [6tons of stone 8) funnnn]

I hope there is some way to re-enable the ability to subscript and superscript using CO2 or H+ sequences. Otherwise, all those chemical formulas are going to look really ugly. The ability to subscript and superscript was one very nice feature this forum had that The Pool Forum did not. Superscripting was even used in the chlorine/CYA chart for footnoting.

It sounds like you are going to add in custom BB code so don't forget to do that for superscript and subscript as well.

One more suggestion: change the link color to be a lighter shade of blue. The dark blue is barely distinguishable from regular black text.

Other than the above, the upgrade looks great!

Richard
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

Senior Member The Mermaid Queen's Avatar

Cool! lookin great!

If you click on the little blue rectangle next to a thread title with unread posts, it takes you to the first unread post!! And each post is marked as either red or unread by the same white (read) or blue) unread rectangle!!
    sweet!

18x32 grecian IG vinyl; ~23000 gallons; 250# sand filter, Hayward superpump with AO Smith motor 1HP SF1.0; booster pump for polaris. Handy Links: Jason's Calculator, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

SCHWEET!
    ❄Closed❄
    24' Sharkline
    Solid Cover
    ❄⛄❄⛄❄⛄❄

it's like a nice clean pool :D
    My pool works thanks to TFP

Please support the site! pages/supporters/

It's cheaper than your first trip to the pool store!

Hey Sean,

I just wanted to say thanks and keep up the GREAT work. The new site is looking great and I am sure that you will get all of the bugs worked out but I just wanted to say thanks to you for all of the hard work that you have put into getting this new site up and running.

Eddie
    Intex 16' X 32' X 52" 14,364 galllon AGP, 16" sand filter & SWG, Pool Rover & Sunrise Journey SPA 320 gallons, TechniChlor 110 SWG

Senior Member In the Industry

TFP's

I would like to propose a 48 hour moratorium on complaints about the new forum. I have spoken with seanB and he and the programmer have had very little sleep over the past two days and need some space to regroup and start working out the kinks.

I think we all can find some things that need fixing but complaining about them now just gives them more things to do (i.e...answer the complaints)

Let's give him a day or so to recover and then we'll all jump his butt at once!! (I would insert several smilies here...if they worked) :-) :-) :-)
    Dave S.
    Site Owner 42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter, No SWG
    TFTestkits owner
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

Very nice, Sean. The new look i great and it only took a couple of minutes to "find" my favorite features!
    13,000 gal AGP, Hayward X-Stream 100 sq ft cartridge, 1 HP Hayward Power-Flo Matrix Pump, all on two 6-hour on cycles per day. Baquacil to BBB convert.
    "It is necessary for us to learn from others' mistakes. You will not live long enough to make them all yourself." - Hyman G. Rickover

Just curious is this the newest verision of phpbb available? if so, version 2.0 is so primative compared to this,LOL

Finding everything to be so user friendly.
    *~ Laura ~*
    27x52 Aquasphere Conquest AGP (approx.17,100 gal)
    1 HP Pentair Dynamo Pump & SD-40 Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit
    BBB User- Salt Added

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    TFP's

I would like to propose a 48 hour moratorium on complaints about the new forum. I have spoken with seanB and he and the programmer have had very little sleep over the past two days and need some space to regroup and start working out the kinks.

I think we all can find some things that need fixing but complaining about them now just gives them more things to do (i.e...answer the complaints)

Let's give him a day or so to recover and then we'll all jump his butt at once!! (I would insert several smilies here...if they worked)
    I apologize if I contributed to the lack of sleep and I shouldn't have complained....

Whatever was going wrong with my posts is fine now, it must have been something I did....

The new site DOES look great. Get some sleep guys! (insert HEART emoticon!)

Great job Sean. Thanks and keep up the good work!
    WetEdge Satin Matrix, 16K gallon, Pentair NSP-60 DE filter, Pac Fab Challenger, 2HP pump, BBB, Polaris 360

Quote Originally Posted by lulupalooza
    Just curious is this the newest verision of phpbb available? if so, version 2.0 is so primative compared to this,LOL

Finding everything to be so user friendly.
    Yes, this version was over 5 years in development. It's been around in various beta stages for quite a while, but I wanted to wait unitl the final version had been release and around for awhile before making the move.

If you think v2 was primative, you should see the stripped down version. Ours was HIGHLY modified.

Glad you like it and thanks to everyone for the kind words. It's been a tremendous amount of work. We aren't done yet, but it's nice to know the effort has been appreciated.
    TFP Founder

very nice sean i like it a lot. the only thing that i miss is the quick reply box but i can deal without it.
    20k fiberglass w/ vinal liner, 1Hp magneTek Centurion Switchless Motor, Hayward Pro Series high rate 20" sand filter, Hayward RP 2100 Digital Heater.