Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool equipment

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool equipment

So we are under contract for pool and we are going over final layouts and such and equipment location has come up. I want it on side of house, however pool will be ~100 linear feet away.....would this be too far for pump and heater? PB wants the equipment near pool, and I could landscape around it to hide, but then have to pay for longer electric and gas lines to run.

Thoughts?

It should also be noted we will have (2) 18in cascades, and (2) bubblers in tanning ledge. Most likely is a VS pump if that matters
    18k gallon IG Sunstone Pearl pebble finish pool, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG, Jandy 1.5HP VS E-Pump, Jandy 60sqft DE filter, Jandy Legacy Propane Heater, Polaris 3900 Robotic Cleaner, TF-100 w/ SpeedStir, Anchor Mesh pool cover

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool equipment

With the right pump it shouldn't be a problem, though you're going to have some heat loss through the pipes on a long run.
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah, the heat loss was one concern, the 2nd was having to oversize the pump to run the water features.....guess I will go with the PB suggestion...that's why we interview and hire a PB who makes us comfortable, right? He's the "supposed" expert, so I guess in this case I should listen to what he suggests.
    18k gallon IG Sunstone Pearl pebble finish pool, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG, Jandy 1.5HP VS E-Pump, Jandy 60sqft DE filter, Jandy Legacy Propane Heater, Polaris 3900 Robotic Cleaner, TF-100 w/ SpeedStir, Anchor Mesh pool cover

4. Back To Top    #4

If you use larger PVC for the longer runs, there is no need to increase the size of the pump. Longer runs of larger PVC is certainly cheaper than longer electrical and gas runs.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!