Floaters under diving board

ekim

May 4, 2013
nj
We have a new liner (so don't want to mess it up...) and want to leave a floater with 6 tabs in the pool for a week. We've never used a floater before - We used to put pucks in the skimmer.

Pump will be on for 8 hours per day and a 2 hour run in the middle of the "off" time.

CYA is about 30 as far a I can tell.... It's certainly not higher.
18,700 gallons.

I was going to put the floater in the deep end under the diving board with a string attached to the top to keep it there. The string is tied to a 1 gallon water jug. There's some "play" so the floater can move a little, but it will always be within 2 feet of the liner and could be a few inches away. I assume any high concentration of chlorine will want to work its way to the bottom where it will be circulated by the floor drain when the pump comes on (if there's any measurable difference at all down there overnight...).

The goal is to prevent the floater from getting stuck somewhere (like on a ladder) and causing problems. We're also hoping to raise the CYA level...

Are there any possible problems with this approach?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.