Chlorine armed robbery

When you are Slammin, assuming your TA and pH were good before starting, can be ignored until you are done.

It is possible you might need to look at them if takes a long time to finish your SLAM; but, most of the time you can dial those in after your are clear.

Note: you cannot accurately measure pH if the CL is above 10FC

awesome ph and TA were fine before I started so Im going to ignore them until the SLAM is done

Thursday 6:30pm
FC = 0
cc = 1
started the SLAM added 5gal liquid chlorine 12.5 %
ran pump/filter all night

Thursday 845pm
FC = 16
cc = 1.5

Friday 6:30am
FC = 10
cc = 1.5

Friday 930am
FC = 4
cc = 1.5
added 2.5 gal liquid chlorine

Friday 1030am
FC = 25
cc = 2

pool water is crystal clear and brushed sides of pool as directed in pool school SLAM article

Your CC is still high... Keep SLAMing :whip: and post up results in the morning. :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They're saying light niches (the area/hole behind the light) are notorious for hiding algae and it's helpful to take the light out and brush/scrub behind them.

Ladders, stairs and light niches don't get much circulation. The nooks and crannies of them that is. If you really want to get at it you attack those as well.

The great thing about troublefree is once your are done SLAMing, it's trouble free from there on out provided you maintain you FC levels and NEVER let it get below minimum for your CYA.

juggler1972 said:
ok -- but im guessing that involves getting into the pool (which is FC 16) removing some screws and brushing behind the light -- i brush all around the light during my daily pool brushing

All I can say is keep at it. Follow the SLAM process to a tee and maintain those FC levels, brushing, filter running 24x7 and YOU WILL CLEAR your pool.

Once that's done you can enjoy trouble free. Otherwise you'll be fighting your symptoms and chlorine loss all season long.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.