Water sample

Hello, I am new to pools and because Mother Nature isn't cooperating I am still waiting on my 27' above ground pool, but I have received my test kit and I have a question. I was going to sample my water to give me an idea of what I will have when I do fill but what test do I need to do, also I am doing a salt system with my pool, thanks

For just the tap water ... no point in doing the CYA test as it will be 0.

You can do the rest though for practice. In reality the FC, CC, and pH will change as soon as you start filling and the sun hits the water.

pH, TA, and CH really have the most impact on the operation of the pool as far as how the top-off water affects the chemistry once you are balanced.

What is your fill source? If it is a well, there will not be any chlorine, so there is no point in doing those tests. If you have city water, you can do the test for practice or you can just wait. You should do pH, TA, and CH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.