Test Kit Questions

dpool

Sep 20, 2007
Howdy!

I've been away from this site for this season because my pool has been lovely and with the BBB method I've not had as many panic moments as in the past.

I just replace ALL my water and 'bought' the pool a new batch of water this week. I'm not sure but I think the YEARS of BBB cause a raise in the salt (5 on the test strip) to the point no one wanted to swim due to the high salty taste. I finally broke down and did a COMPLETE refill. Having done that, I'm back to square one on my numbers and getting things back in balanced.

I have some questions about TEST KITS:

I purchased mine quite a while ago (2009?) and have made due with this and that over the years but really want to go back to the full kit again. What is the expected 'shelf-life' of the TF100 (I think that's what it's called).

Has this site stopped selling the kits? I don't see it listed under the STORE tab.

Can I just get replacement chemicals? Or since it's been so long do I need to replace all the components (vials and tubes), too?

I'm so glad to see this site is still thriving. It's the BEST!

dpool

I think 18 months on the reagents.

TFTestkits.Net [s:1iuvg8tb]Com[/s:1iuvg8tb]

You can buy the reagents that you need.

If your using bleach,liquid chlorine it contains some salt. That's prob overtime where you get your salt build up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.