Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Test Kit Questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Test Kit Questions

Howdy!

I've been away from this site for this season because my pool has been lovely and with the BBB method I've not had as many panic moments as in the past.

I just replace ALL my water and 'bought' the pool a new batch of water this week. I'm not sure but I think the YEARS of BBB cause a raise in the salt (5 on the test strip) to the point no one wanted to swim due to the high salty taste. I finally broke down and did a COMPLETE refill. Having done that, I'm back to square one on my numbers and getting things back in balanced.

I have some questions about TEST KITS:

I purchased mine quite a while ago (2009?) and have made due with this and that over the years but really want to go back to the full kit again. What is the expected 'shelf-life' of the TF100 (I think that's what it's called).

Has this site stopped selling the kits? I don't see it listed under the STORE tab.

Can I just get replacement chemicals? Or since it's been so long do I need to replace all the components (vials and tubes), too?

I'm so glad to see this site is still thriving. It's the BEST!

dpool
    9x17 AG Vinyl "SPLASHER" w/outside struts (7/04), thru the wall skimmer & return, C900 Hayward Cartridge Filter (3/08), 1 hp Hayward Power-Flo II pump (4/09), Wanda Whale auto cleaner (3/07), new Wanda shoes (6/09), VinylWorks A Frame Step Ladder Entry System w/Gate (5/06), 5-1gal gravel-filled jugs hung w/ zip ties under steps to stop steps from floating, 1-3" TAB FLOAT under stairs (empty), More noodles, floats, and toys than allowed in any 9x17 sized pool!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Test Kit Questions

I think 18 months on the reagents.

TFTestkits.Net [s:1iuvg8tb]Com[/s:1iuvg8tb]

You can buy the reagents that you need.

If your using bleach,liquid chlorine it contains some salt. That's prob overtime where you get your salt build up.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

This link gives clues as to whether the reagents have gone bad:
    extended-test-kit-directions-t25081.html

You can get refills from tftestkits.NET {not com as in the previous post).
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Whoops my bad. Sorry.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks Y'all!

I'm ON IT!

Off to check, test, and most likely place an order!

dpool
    9x17 AG Vinyl "SPLASHER" w/outside struts (7/04), thru the wall skimmer & return, C900 Hayward Cartridge Filter (3/08), 1 hp Hayward Power-Flo II pump (4/09), Wanda Whale auto cleaner (3/07), new Wanda shoes (6/09), VinylWorks A Frame Step Ladder Entry System w/Gate (5/06), 5-1gal gravel-filled jugs hung w/ zip ties under steps to stop steps from floating, 1-3" TAB FLOAT under stairs (empty), More noodles, floats, and toys than allowed in any 9x17 sized pool!