What's up with cloudy water?

kplaster

Bronze Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Randleman,NC
Well,the past 2 yrs. I can keep water balance perfect.But,just has soon has I have people in pool water turn's cloudy.I thought maybe it was my sand.Well,that's been changed.Still cloud's up.Had 7 kid's in pool today.Water level's were last night.FC=5 CC=0 ALK=60"add'd 4 pounds of soda last night"CYA=20"add'd what I had left in jug last"Had my CYA up to 40.But, has been dropping off.We have had alot of rain.Having to backwash alot.Figure that's where that's going.

I bring my pool to just below shock value when I have guests. I also make sure to keep my filter running during the party and for at least 24 hours after a party. It helps if you make sure your guests don't "p" in the "ool". Having 7 kids is a high demand. You might want to make everyone get out of the pool mid party, test your FC and add chlorine to get it back to near shock levels.

I installed an outdoor shower for my guests and this had helped keep the pool clear. What is your PH? Your TA seems low.

kcindc said:
I bring my pool to just below shock value when I have guests. I also make sure to keep my filter running during the party and for at least 24 hours after a party. It helps if you make sure your guests don't "p" in the "ool". Having 7 kids is a high demand. You might want to make everyone get out of the pool mid party, test your FC and add chlorine to get it back to near shock levels.

I installed an outdoor shower for my guests and this had helped keep the pool clear. What is your PH? Your TA seems low.
PH=7.2..Should increase a little since adding baking soda last night.I was running clorine a little higher when I have kid's over.But,they have such a bleach smell when I run it higher.

Have you tested your CYA since you think it's gone down ? If its low the extra chlorine you add will burn off rather quickly with a heavy bather load and sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

pwrstrk said:
Have you tested your CYA since you think it's gone down ? If its low the extra chlorine you add will burn off rather quickly with a heavey bather load and sun.

I add'd a little last night.Just re-check'd this evening..PH 7.2,,,FC=3,,CC=0,,,Alk=80 now after add's last night.Still need to add more Stab.Got'a pick up another jug.Have ran 3 tablet's this past week because of being out of town.I may just continue using rest of tablet's from container I bought last week.

kplaster said:
pwrstrk said:
Have you tested your CYA since you think it's gone down ? If its low the extra chlorine you add will burn off rather quickly with a heavey bather load and sun.

I add'd a little last night.Just re-check'd this evening..PH 7.2,,,FC=3,,CC=0,,,Alk=80 now after add's last night.Still need to add more Stab.Got'a pick up another jug.Have ran 3 tablet's this past week because of being out of town.I may just continue using rest of tablet's from container I bought last week.
what happen'd there.

Mod edit. I fixed it before seeing this post. You added you commend inside his quote, jblizzle

Just make sure you take into account how much CYA the tabs are adding. You figure that out at the bottom of pool calc effects of adding chem's. keep an eye on the PH also.

When people complain of a "bleach smell" usually means you smell chloramines. This smell usually means you need to add more chlorine to burn off the chloramines. All the more reason to get everyone out of the pool, test your FC & CC, then add more bleach.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.