Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wide Mouth Skimmer OK on a 20' Intex?

1. Back To Top    #1

Wide Mouth Skimmer OK on a 20' Intex?

I have this skimmer on order. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002KMIK26/ref ... 25410_item Will it be ok on a 20' Intex, or should I get the standard sized one?

Thanks for the help.
    20 x 52 Intex Ultra Frame AG, 8K gal, 1600 GPH Intex sand filter, Intex SWG (copper unplugged), setup 7//14/13 Pearland,TX

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wide Mouth Skimmer OK on a 20' Intex?

IIRC many people have used that kit for their Intex.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

Good to hear. After ordering I was thinking I should have gone with the small one. Not really sure if the wide mouth is an advantage or not.
    20 x 52 Intex Ultra Frame AG, 8K gal, 1600 GPH Intex sand filter, Intex SWG (copper unplugged), setup 7//14/13 Pearland,TX

4. Back To Top    #4

that's the same one i just installed on my 20' intex. Fits and works great.... no issues!!

5. Back To Top    #5

Great to hear! Got any pics?

6. Back To Top    #6

Here are a few pics. I hard piped my setup and added a PVC fountain. Hope it helps!
    [attachment=1:11suuglq]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374866519.684149.jpg[/attachment:11suuglq]
    [attachment=0:11suuglq]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374866548.114601.jpg[/attachment:11suuglq]
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Back To Top    #7

question.. the feed to pump..where you have the skimmer...wasnt it originally lower..?
    or did you make a different hole//?..block off a hole..?....
    12K gal, plaster 2 HP WhisperFlo 2 speed pump, Sta-Rite 300 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, and Sta-Rite Gas Heater.

8. Back To Top    #8

Made a new hole for the wide mouth skimmer and capped off the original hole.

9. Back To Top    #9

oh so just threw a plastic cap on it... cool..

..wanna do that to mine..almost ordered parts..then found out have 2-3 leaks in liner..near bottom seam..so stressed.. they want 400-500 for a replacement liner.....wondering if I can use a diff liner or a overlapping liner of some sort.....
    12K gal, plaster 2 HP WhisperFlo 2 speed pump, Sta-Rite 300 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, and Sta-Rite Gas Heater.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by alfieboy
    ..wanna do that to mine..almost ordered parts..then found out have 2-3 leaks in liner..near bottom seam..so stressed.. they want 400-500 for a replacement liner.....wondering if I can use a diff liner or a overlapping liner of some sort.....
    Won't WalMart and everyone else have them for clearance sale next month and you can get a new one for the cost of the old liner?

i don't know which pool you have.

If its a steel wall AGP, never mind but I know my dealer told me $500 for my 21 round and I found it for half that.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

11. Back To Top    #11

hoping so
    have the 22x 52" walmart generic intex ..odd ball size....

right now I can buy the whole pool kit for like 583 or 589 @ walmart ..so I supp to pay 519 + shipping just for liner from intex..lol...
    since when I bought pool.. i converted over to the 2650gph sand filter saltwater system.. still have the orig 2000 gph pump new in box.. if anyone wants it..lol.....