Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: dead frog

1. Back To Top    #1

dead frog

A dead frog got underneath my skimmer basket and went down the pipe. It was about 2 inches long and 1 wide. Will this cause any problems? Where will he go?

I have a 26K SWG cartridge pool/spa.

Thanks.
    HoltPool
    21K gal SWG gunite pool/spa/waterfall, Goldline ProLogic controls, 2 2.0 HP Hayward Northstar pumps, hayward heater, 4 cartridge, Polaris 9300 sport robot, TFP-100 test kit owner

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: dead frog

If your pump is running without problems it should be caught by the leaf basket at the pump.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

Ahh. Thank you. I'm slowing learning about pool chemistry but the mechanics are still a bit beyond me. That said we installed a new SWG and blower this weekend without issue!
    HoltPool
    21K gal SWG gunite pool/spa/waterfall, Goldline ProLogic controls, 2 2.0 HP Hayward Northstar pumps, hayward heater, 4 cartridge, Polaris 9300 sport robot, TFP-100 test kit owner

4. Back To Top    #4

Don't feel bad about not knowing the mechanics of pools. Look how long I've been here, and I don't know anything about pumps, or liners, or filters...
    John
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    Wanda the Whale pool vacuum, home made heater, Taylor K-2006
    Cloudy Pool? 1) Order test kit. 2) Follow SLAM
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

No worries, I have a simple one and am glad. I see some of the pictures of people with hot tubs and spill overs and the piping just boggles my mind! This from a guy who reads electrical schematics for fun

You should turn the pump off and check the leaf basket if you haven't already. He will sit there and disintegrate and the gunk will end up in your filter. Better to dump him out now.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Donldson
    I see some of the pictures of people with hot tubs and spill overs and the piping just boggles my mind!
    But you have a brain the size of a planet, you should be able to understand even the most complicated plumbing setup.
    John
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    Wanda the Whale pool vacuum, home made heater, Taylor K-2006
    Cloudy Pool? 1) Order test kit. 2) Follow SLAM
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

If I had a brain the size of a planet I should know what the "Ultimate question to life, the universe, and everything" is. Ok, I hope at least somebody gets that joke (it's from a book).

And for the record, I can't even grasp the game of Euchre. It's really weird what comes easily and what you just can't wrap your head around...