Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New AGP today FINALLY

1. Back To Top    #1

New AGP today FINALLY

Well Im supposed to be posting pics of my installer putting up my new Doughboy pool.
    But when I call the PB they say "she didn't call" their subcontractor has bumped me but never called to let me know. SO now I have tore down a fence, taken a day off work and they don't know when they will be here. GRRRRR frustrated to say the least.
    12x24 Doughboy. 8700 gallons~ 2 HP Dyanmo Pump~ 26" Sand Dollar Filter~TF 100 test kit~ Zodiac Ranger AGP automatic cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New AGP today almost

Don't forget to tell the salesman you are dissatisfied and lost money. It's in the salesperson'd financial interest to care. The scheduler just bumped a job for her convenience. Ask them for some floaties, a better ladder, credit at the pool store....
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

i kept a log on my calendar, so I could look back at what happened daily..
    Oklahoma
    30X20 Gunite pool completed in July 2013

4. Back To Top    #4

Well, update.

The PB not the salesmen actually finally got a hold of me yesterday. She tried to call me but didn't leave a message. She was letting me know they were bumping me to Thursday do to rain on Sunday. I told her im not taking another day off work since they didn't contact me in a timely manor. She moved me to Saturday and gave me an 85% chance that they would be here weather pending.

Well 80MPH winds last night and 80k people without power makes me think its going to be August before I get my pool just in time to prep it for closing. Now to keep the wife from flipping her lid any further and telling the salesmen to shove the pool in inappropriate places.
    12x24 Doughboy. 8700 gallons~ 2 HP Dyanmo Pump~ 26" Sand Dollar Filter~TF 100 test kit~ Zodiac Ranger AGP automatic cleaner.

5. Back To Top    #5

our PB had contacted the "Call Before You Dig" folks via computer - did everything but get the confirmation number. So no one came out to check for utilities, and even though we live in rural NW NJ and there are no underground utilites the PB wouldn't start the job without their OK. Can't blame him but it cost me a day off. I did get an upgraded lockable pool ladder. Still, very annoying.
    21' AG (~11,000 gallons)
    Hayward S180T sand filter (35 gpm)
    Hayward Power-Flow SP1510 pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Ya, I had to call the city and check that my permit would still be ok. And if they drag out the build I think I will have to re locate my utilities again. Hopefully the PB will let me show her were they are. There is one dead line in the area of the pool and we already talked about removing it since its not being used.
    But we shall see.

7. Back To Top    #7

update?
    Oklahoma

8. Back To Top    #8

We are scheduled for Thursday pending weather. If not she has left Saturday open as well since I been getting screwed with the weather. They had a pool partially up when the big storm blew in the other night and lost the entire thing. Had to replace it. So may have been a blessing that didn't happen to me. But im getting antsy

9. Back To Top    #9

uggggggggggg!
    Oklahoma

10. Back To Top    #10

Yep, the wife wanted me to tell them to shove it and cancel the financing. and we could do it next year. I talked her out of that, we already planned spending the money so just get it in now and with Oklahoma weather we could be swimming in September still.

11. Back To Top    #11

How long does it take from start to finish?
    Oklahoma

12. Back To Top    #12

She tells me if her guys get onsite by 8-830 they can be ready for water around 2-330

13. Back To Top    #13

WOW! Is the ground work already done?
    Oklahoma

14. Back To Top    #14

nope, they handle all of it

15. Back To Top    #15

Sand was delivered. I hope that means they will be here in the morning..... Fingers Crossed

16. Back To Top    #16

Yay!
    Oklahoma

17. Back To Top    #17

I was sweating the storm that came thru. It poured 3 miles from my house.

18. Back To Top    #18

NOOOOO! its starting to rain. The PB is supposed to be here in 1.5 hours. We should still be god I pray. My POP is being tested and I don't even have the pool yet. fingers crossed

19. Back To Top    #19

Hopefully they can still do it. I know when I had mine put up heavy rain was on its way. They said once we start we'll finish it. Gotten wet before. It held off till they were done.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

20. Back To Top    #20

No go today. The owner of the PB co. came by and looked at the yard. The spot for the pool was dry enough. But the entrance to the yard wasn't and she said they would destroy it if they were to run the tractor thru there with all that sand several dozen times. So Monday morning it is. But I cant take off work again. So I made her help me lay out the pool and spray all the corners and the equip pad so they can start without me being here. Im very hesitant about doing that but its what has to happen to get this darn thing up and filling. I should be able to stop by before and major erecting takes place. So we shall see

Did I say UGH!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast