Cement board screws?

Jun 10, 2013
What does everyone use to secure your cement board/hardie backer to steel studs? I am having a hard time finding something that will self drill and have the right threads for cement board and steel. I'm almost done with my kitchen, now ready for cement board, tile and stucco.

I thought i replied to this. They did work great. Now to tile and stucco, which i have never stucco'd before but seems to be pretty easy. But any advice on product to use and how to do it is always appreciated.

Yes, I used the Parex product and it was not that difficult to apply. I wouldn't recommend doing it on the hottest day of the year like I did, but other than that it went great. After a couple of years the color still looks great. I have got some staining below my Big Green Egg from ash, but I think a scrubbing would probably fix that. This year I also noticed my first hairline crack in my stucco finish. It is not noticeable to anyone but me and I am not worried about it, but I thought I would pass that along. It is at a cement board joint and follows it from top to bottom. Not sure why that one reflected. Maybe I didn't prep that one as well. Good luck.

Riles

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I used Parex per his suggestion as well. It is simple. I got a drywall hopper for my compressor at Harbor Freight and used that to apply it. It could not have been easier. I put two coats on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.