Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Shock PLUS question

1. Back To Top    #1

Shock PLUS question

I don't normally use this stuff, but it was laying around and in a cool dry place so I thought, why waste it. My rental pool has the same equipment as what I have listed for my pool except it's 16000 gallons.

This stuff I have is AquaChem Shock PLUS
    Active ingredient is sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione 58.2%

The pool went to **** a week ago due to several issues (never say you'll manage a rental pool, when you have a full time job...).
    The pool CYA level is currently around 20 and the SWG cell is dead. While I'm waiting on the replacement cell, can I have the renter add a bag of this per day to keep levels up and also get the CYA up?

Levels are good otherwise, I completed the shock process with bleach for several days until I passed the ODT.

What is the breakdown of this product and what ppm would it be adding to my pool of the chemicals I need? Chemicals I don't need?

Thanks,
    15x32 vinyl liner, 14,400 gal, 1.4hp Centurion pump, 3/4 hp booster pump, Hayward Pro Series S244T Sand Filter, Hayward H200 heater (digital readout)
    Aqua Rite Electronic Chlorine Generator, Hayward Phantom cleaner, TF 100 test kit
    Pool School, Pool Calculator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Shock PLUS question

FYI the bag says only add once a week...not sure what all is in it maybe.
    15x32 vinyl liner, 14,400 gal, 1.4hp Centurion pump, 3/4 hp booster pump, Hayward Pro Series S244T Sand Filter, Hayward H200 heater (digital readout)
    Aqua Rite Electronic Chlorine Generator, Hayward Phantom cleaner, TF 100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Use the pool calculator effects of adding chems section to figure out what a bag a day will do.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    Use the pool calculator effects of adding chems section to figure out what a bag a day will do.
    Didn't realize that was in the calculator, I'll go check it out.

Is that dichlor or triclor? I'm assuming dichlor but the second part looks like tri something...

I think I know the answer.

5. Back To Top    #5

That bag is what we commonly refer to as dichlor
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100