Need Help with Brominator

May 19, 2013
We just moved into a new house last fall so this spring/summer has been very interesting figuring out how to take care of our pool, but we are doing pretty good now. The one big issue we can't figure out is how to regulate our brominator. The previous homeowners set up our pool to run on bromine and we kept this up. However, we can't figure out exactly how to regulate the bromine levels, every time we check it, I feel like it is way too high or almost zero. The brominator seems to be a standard sized, probably about 3 foot tall, and it has a regulator valve on the pipe that leaves the brominator, but I don't know which way the valve has to be positioned in order to be on high or low, I know it sounds crazy! So, my first question is, how would the pressure in the sand filter change whether I had the brominator on high vs low? I figure this may be the easiest way to determine which lever position represents high or low. Also, what is the recommendation for how high I should fill up the brominator with the tablets? I first thought we just filled it all the way up, but we blew threw a bunch of bromine in just a few days and I'm not sure if its because that was incorrect or if I thought I had the regulator valve on low but it was really on high? Bromine is pretty expensive, so we have been nervous since then to fill it up too much, but I feel like the bromine level is always close to zero when I test the water. The brominator is called "Aquabrome Brominator, Model Number RB8-35). Any help is appreciated!!

Yeah I was a bit nervous of that too! Maybe someone can answer the simple question of whether or not the pressure would increase or decrease if I turned the brominator on high vs low? The answer should be the same even if I were using a chlorinator ( I think there is such thing as a chlorinator?).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.