Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Frog Control Valve Blowing Out?

1. Back To Top    #1

Frog Control Valve Blowing Out?

Anyone ever experience their Frog (chlorinator) control valve blowing out when pump is on high?

Mine has done it twice now and I can't see where any parts are missing.......the control valve just presses in and there doesn't appear to be anything that locks in in place?

Glad I was home when she blew otherwise I think I could have pumped my pool empty.

(New pool owner so I'm sure it's something I'm doing??)

Thanks
    18 x 36, 2' Radius Corners, Steel Walls......DIY Construction started May 2103.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Frog Control Valve Blowing Out?

It's probably an o-ring worn out. You won't find much help here as our advice is to remove it and maintain your pool the correct way.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Was it brand new? It does sound like some worn parts so hoping it isn't new.

If it's new you should be able to get it replaced under warranty, if they will just give you back the cash you spent on it that would be better yet.

I am a recovered pool frog owner, and now that I understand everything about them I would never use one again.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, brand new.

And......I'm afraid I ordered the Frog with the pool before I found this site. It was a DIY install and I've dedicated all my time to getting the thing in the ground and filled with water. After I get my pump house built, I'll take a little time to look into a better way to maintain my pool.
    18 x 36, 2' Radius Corners, Steel Walls......DIY Construction started May 2103.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Are you possibly using an above ground frog?
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Also, I'm just gonna set this right here. A Better Way