Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New SLAM question

1. Back To Top    #1

New SLAM question

I have been SLAMing my pool for a couple of weeks. Last weekend, we passed all three of the tests (FC overnight drop, CC = 0.5, clear water). I added some CYA Saturday as we had almost none (targeted ~40) and will test in a couple of days to see what we have. I have been keeping an eye on FC levels to see how it will react and how much I need to keep in it at night to make sure we don't drop below the minimum (I am using ~5 ppm based on 40 CYA as my targeted min until I know for sure on the CYA number).

After using the pool today, I notice that the water is a little cloudier than when we started. Would you suggest I keep the pump running tonight still to clear that back up?

Also, should I go ahead and bring down my pH at this point?

Full test results from today.

pH - 7.8
    FC - 12.5
    CC - maybe 0.5 (it might have had a slight pink tint before adding 1 drop)
    TA - 90
    CH - 110

Thanks so much for all your help. You all are much better that that pool shop.
    IG ~27000 gal; sand filter; SE Texas; fiberglass: very old pool; Hayward pump 1 HP (I think)

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: New SLAM question

I would let the pump run overnight and keep the FC up for a day or two.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Elverson Pa.

Re: New SLAM question

Wait till you drop your FC to maintaince levels to adjust your PH. High FC levels skew the PH test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.