Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I Need Stairs. What kind do you like?

1. Back To Top    #1

I Need Stairs. What kind do you like?

I am planning on building a deck soon to access my pool. I have small kids and they tend to spend a lot of time hanging on the ladder. What are some sturdy stairs that are made to screw to a deck? I'd like to spend 200-300.

Thanks
    20 x 52 Intex Ultra Frame AG, 8K gal, 1600 GPH Intex sand filter, Intex SWG (copper unplugged), setup 7//14/13 Pearland,TX

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I Need Stairs. What kind do you like?

I like the wedding cake style steps which are great for lounging on and for new swimmers. Most have a rail that can be attached to a deck. The price for new ones might be a bit more than the range you listed, but I found mine on CL for much less.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

I have these and have been very happy with them.

Majestic 8000 above ground pool steps
    30 ft. round Conquest agp, 19,800 gal; Pentair Easy Clean 1 hp DE EC60 filter system
    Hayward H250N gas heater; TF100 Test Kit
    2 Fafco 4x20 sunsaver solar bear solar panels
    Dolphin E 10 ~ Zoomerang slide
    Majestic 8000 Above-Ground Pool Step

4. Back To Top    #4

I've been searching CL for a while with no luck. I would hate to oder new ones and end up with some that are all shaky like the Intex ladder.
    20 x 52 Intex Ultra Frame AG, 8K gal, 1600 GPH Intex sand filter, Intex SWG (copper unplugged), setup 7//14/13 Pearland,TX

5. Back To Top    #5

I ordered these for our pool. http://www.vminnovations.com/Product...ep-Ladder.html Watching the video I've seen online they seem pretty sturdy and not a bad price either. Here is the official site for them http://www.splashnetxpress.com/BlueW...tep-specs.aspx
    P.J.
    24' x 52" AG Full Resin (13,500 Gal)
    Pentair Sand Dollar 60 Filter with Pentair Dynamo 2hp 2 speed pump
    Intex SWG
    TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

I have always wondered why step/ladder designers cannot create these in blue???!!! They need to match the liners. JMHO! And don't try to get me to believe that they need to contrast the pool liner so you won't trip......ugh why are inground steps the same colors?
    Hill Country of Texas~above ground Sharkline Matrix 18' round, with Gorilla pad (installed 7/25/2013)
    Hayward Power flo LX and Pro sand filter, Hayward salt cell Generator
    Sheer descent water fall

7. Back To Top    #7

Wedding cake steps are not shaky at all. The key is to weight the properly and attach them to the something like the railing to a deck, etc.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

8. Back To Top    #8

I bought these: http://store.poolcenter.com/confer-p...0-p176263.aspx

Love them! I bought mine from a different dealer, so I don't know anything about the website shown. But the steps are great and easy to assemble.
    15 x 30 12,000 gal Above Ground (Aluminum), 2 HP pump motor, 27" Sand Filter, Installed July 2012

9. Back To Top    #9

I plan to make some from pvc pipe framework and plastic decking....but thats a next year project