4 button spa switch replacement - try

DUSTCOLLECTOR

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 16, 2013
I screwed up, I decided to try and save some money and attempted to install a new 4 button switch on my spa. I read some of the articles and decided to try and connect the new 100' of 6 prong wire to my old wire. I looped it, taped it and started to pull it through to the control panel.

I got about 50 to 60' out and you guessed it. it broke, I pulled the old out one end and the new the other.

NOW, I've read about connection a vacuum to one end and sucking a string through, will this really work ?

Can you use a plummers snake and push it through and connect the wire.

Need some help, i have a $200 switch setting on my bench laughing at me.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Bill Kissick
817-442-9689 - hse
913-484-5612 - cell

What size conduit? If large enough a string attached to a ping pong ball would probably work. A plummer's snake would work as well, basically a fish tape for pulling electrical wire, just needs to be as long as your conduit.

Not big enough for the ping pong idea. Good suggestion on the FISH TAPE, I bought one(260') this afternoon and tried it from both ends. Each time in went in 165' and hit something. The line measures out to be 140' max with abt 10' to spare.
I would think that the conduit is a dedicated line just for the switch ?????
It goes in the first 165' slick as anything, thought for sure it would work from one end or the other.
Any other ideas, I guess I just going to keep running it through, hoping it shows on one end or the other ??

Sure don't plan to start digging, 100 deg here in TX.

Thanks for your time, all suggestions welcome.

Bill K

I appreciate the advice, but I got it through the 5th try. I ran it through 3 times from one end a d 2 from the other.
I had to dig down and found the el that was giving me the trouble. I used the wire rope 240', so I could a actually hear it hitting the El.

Still was Really hard to get it through, the wire broke twice and had to start over. HAd water and even some weeds come out
This was put in service 1997.

I now have a new switch and I'm not sure which button does what. The #1 button seems to turn the spa on, (red light in middle comes on and blinks slowly), #2 maybe air-blower, #3 heater ?, #4 is the light. They are no instruction from Jandy in the box.

I wired it up just as it was wired before.

BUT, i also have another separate button next to the 4 button switch the turns on the air blower and shuts off the pools jets ?
I'm I missing something, why have both ?

Both of these were put in 1997 per the old Jandy records which were left with the house.

Maybe it's as good as it's going to be.

Thanks for your time and help,

Bill K.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.