Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: hello, from mom of five kids

1. Back To Top    #1

hello, from mom of five kids

Hello. This is my second year with a pool and I thought I knew what I was doing. This year I have a constantly mustardy/green pool. I have a lot to learn and a lot of questions. Thank you for letting me listen to all yours.
    15,000 gallon plaster pool, 30 years old with no damages. Below ground with a big pump (I don't know horsepower) single speed, 4 cartridges. Regular (not salt) system. We use this pool for private swim lessons and church fellowships/baptisms etc. In short, we use it a lot and con't have it out of commission. We are in Sacramento CA that is known for its terrible pollen content.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: hello, from mom of five kids

Welcome to tfp, mom of 5 kids

We are here to help
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW Louisiana

Welcome, I suggest as a first step to read pool school link in the upper right a couple of times, and if you don't have one order one of our suggested test kits right away, the sooner you get a good test kit in hand the sooner you can start taking control of your pool, until then your flying blind, or partly blind, I use the TF-100 (link in my signature).

p.s. see this link and tell us about your pool
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to the forum!

Do some looking around and read Pool School. A good test kit is your pool water's best friend! Take a look at those too!!

Jump back in and ask questions along the way if you have any.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist $600 w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panel

My backyard is like a park... Why then does DH always want to go camping??? I just don't understand.

5. Back To Top    #5
    DFW, Texas

Welcome to TFP!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

6. Back To Top    #6
    South Carolina

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!