Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Esther Williams oval pool - question

1. Back To Top    #1

Esther Williams oval pool - question

I recently got a pool from CL for free. It is an Esther Williams Summit 15'x24' oval pool. It is fully disassembled and sitting in my backyard ready to be installed next season. It is about 5 years old, and in great shape. It has a deck and railing safety system. Looking around I am unable to find the original price of this type of pool? Is this an elite pool? With a new liner and professional install is it safe to assume at least another decade of use?

Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Esther Williams oval pool - question

We would need to see pictures of it to judge it's condition, do you have any of it before it was taken down? In general, I have heard that Ester Williams pools are pretty high quality.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Sure, here are a few pictures:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7xivafk62cdi7k/IMG_1054.JPG
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/bk50ev49kcm57s3/IMG_1065.JPG
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/7o738tsjhd5fg7l/IMG_1072.JPG

I was so grateful that the woman gave us this pool that I felt bad asking how much they cost. The partially buried parts are fine, just dirty. Everything came down fairly easily. Some of the deck screws broke, and I bent some of the bottom rails getting them out, but everything else is in great shape. I didn't try to save the liner, as research says it not reusable if it sits for a while. I can't wait to get this installed!!!

4. Back To Top    #4

The pool looks in good shape, although buried pools always worry me. It sounds like those buried parts are in good shape? Yeah, a new liner is almost always needed.

I don't know about EW pool prices, but a good agp like the sharkline matrix in that size would be ~$2500 online.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

I would think it'll last another decade, probably longer. Looks like you got a fine deal.
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320