Help with concrete sealer on pool surface issue

May 9, 2013
North East Ohio
My PB sealed our concrete/coping with this stuff. He told me that a bit will get on the pool water, but the skimmer will take it out in a few hours.

Well of course, 3 days later and I still can see remnants of this (MSD Attached). We have been skimming manually and automatically since and can't seem to get it all.

few questions.

1) is it safe to swim in
2) can we put the solar cover back on (went from 90 to 82 in 2 cool nights)
3) any idea how to get the rest of this "out" of the water...PB says to be patient...but not sure I will ever get all of it.

Or any other ideas/questions...just let me know.

[attachment=0:1ysmd5p4]MSDS-GS-5.pdf[/attachment:1ysmd5p4]

Attachments

• MSDS-GS-5.pdf
    117.1 KB · Views: 33
Keeping skimming. I assume it's floating so find something that will absorb it from the top like an old dust mop. Elevate the FC level to double what is normal for your pool. Run the pump 24/7 and see what that does after a day or so.

duraleigh said:
Keeping skimming. I assume it's floating so find something that will absorb it from the top like an old dust mop. Elevate the FC level to double what is normal for your pool. Run the pump 24/7 and see what that does after a day or so.

Yep it is floating...I was thinking I can buy some "oil" absorbing cloths or something like that....thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.