Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help with concrete sealer on pool surface issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Help with concrete sealer on pool surface issue

My PB sealed our concrete/coping with this stuff. He told me that a bit will get on the pool water, but the skimmer will take it out in a few hours.

Well of course, 3 days later and I still can see remnants of this (MSD Attached). We have been skimming manually and automatically since and can't seem to get it all.

few questions.

1) is it safe to swim in
    2) can we put the solar cover back on (went from 90 to 82 in 2 cool nights)
    3) any idea how to get the rest of this "out" of the water...PB says to be patient...but not sure I will ever get all of it.

Or any other ideas/questions...just let me know.

[attachment=0:1ysmd5p4]MSDS-GS-5.pdf[/attachment:1ysmd5p4]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Help with concrete sealer on pool surface issue

Keeping skimming. I assume it's floating so find something that will absorb it from the top like an old dust mop. Elevate the FC level to double what is normal for your pool. Run the pump 24/7 and see what that does after a day or so.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I would call or better yet email the manufacturer for their input on whether it is safe to swim or put the cover back on.
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    Keeping skimming. I assume it's floating so find something that will absorb it from the top like an old dust mop. Elevate the FC level to double what is normal for your pool. Run the pump 24/7 and see what that does after a day or so.
    Yep it is floating...I was thinking I can buy some "oil" absorbing cloths or something like that....thanks.
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by crek31
    I would call or better yet email the manufacturer for their input on whether it is safe to swim or put the cover back on.
    Good idea, I have a vm into them, of course you never get a live person.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

I would leave the cover off to help oxidize the material, regardless of what they say.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School