Hotel Worker, curious about hotels indoor pool

Picture #6 is the salt water chlorine generator (SWG) cell. As the salty water passes through that cell, it applies electricty and breaks the salt up to provide FC. Does anyone every check the salt level?

You would need to add the FAS-DPD chlroine test to that kit to have the equivalent to one of the recommended test kits.

Report back on the SWG cell ... and tell us what all the lights are ... rarely is a Red light a good thing ;)

The picture of the IC40 shows that the low led salt light is on (first red led from left to right), that the swg is not producing because the flow is too low (second red led form left to right), and it is set for 60% output (three green leds). So basically, unless the pump was off when you took the picture, the IC40 swg is not producing chlorine for the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If your right on the 20,000 gallon size, every pound of dichlor added should raise CYA by 3 ppm. Salt is a dded to the water (hundreds of pounds of it), the salt water passes through the SWG cell where electricity between the plates separates it into sodium ions and chlorine ions which form hypochlorus acid in the water, the same as adding liquid chlorine / bleach.

I assume the green photos are the water of the pool. Is the the base of the pool? Were these taken after dark? What is the grey thing I am looking at? the floor?

They seem really cloudy and green to me.

The chart shows CA with a check mark. Do we know what that is supposed to mean?

Wait??? I just read, this is an INDOOR pool? Why are we adding vast amounts of CYA to an indoor pool with a SWG?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.