Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Removing the last 2" of water

1. Back To Top    #1

Removing the last 2" of water

Hi, I have a 24' X 54" deep above ground. I have pumped out the majority of the water (due to swampy water) with a high speed water pump. My question is, how can I get the last 2" of water out of pool? I need to clean walls and bottom to remove remaining algae etc..Thanks in advance!

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: Removing the last 2" of water

Welcome to TFP!

There is really no advantage to getting rid of it or for that matter draining at all to get rid of algae. Getting the liner to fit right after draining can be difficult.

Fill it up, follow the instructions in Defeating Algae and your water and liner will be sparkling clear.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

2" isn't very much water in a pool that size. I agree with JohnT.. fill'er back in with water and see the pool school link to learn how to SLAM it.

If you don't have a good test kit... get yourself one that is recommended here You will be glad you did.. it is worth every penny in the process of clearing a pool.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist $600 w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panel

My backyard is like a park... Why then does DH always want to go camping??? I just don't understand.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks guys!