Am I odd that I think a ph of closer to 7.8 is ideal?

Nov 30, 2012
I've been noticing something this year. When I have the ph down closer to the target of 7.5 the water dries my skin more. If I let ph slowly rise to 7.8 ish the water has a better feel both in and out of the water once the skin dries. I have a virtually constant FC level that I micro treat every day, but I do the acid balance 2x a week.

Is this normal? It's a very slight observation. Also, this is the first year I've done borates. I didn't notice this effect prior to adding borates.

Generally, acceptable range for pH is 7.2 - 7.8. I don't personally detect any difference in the water as long as I stay within that range.

If the higher pH seems better to you, it's fine for it to be there but you don't want it to slip up to 8.0 or higher as some other complications can occur.

We suggest a pH of 7.4 - 7.6 as a starting point and that seems to be ideal for most people.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.