Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking at Dough Boy pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking at Dough Boy pool

We are looking at getting the Palm Shore oval by Dough boy. We are also looking at using the expanding liner to drop some of the bottom down 2-3ft.

Has anyone done this with their dough boy?

Just looking for any thought on this. New to having an above ground pool.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Looking at Dough Boy pool

Yep. We have a deep side of about 6 1/2 feet on ours. Wouldn't have it any other way. My build is the link in my signature.
    32' Doughboy Desert Spring (Blue Bayou liner) Buried with Deep End
    300# Sand Filter, 1.5 HP Pump Hayward
    My Build: making-the-jump-to-a-doughboy-from-our-old-intex-t56425.html

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW MO

I don't have a Dough Boy but I did put an expandable liner in and put a little extra depth in my round pool. Very glad I did.
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320

4. Back To Top    #4
    Twin Cities, MN

Welcome to tfp, rdefino

Put me on the list of highly recommending a deep end. It should work fine with that pool. Deep ends are very common on Doughboys.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

I've often thought about how much expense would be involved with installing an expandable liner in my pool. Really wish I had done it initially. It's not worth the cost until I need to replace the current liner. I also want to bury the pool itself, but the hard-scaping we did won't allow for it without major finesse.

Get the deep end!
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]