I set up a small AG pool for my child this month. We had a lot of trouble maintaining the chlorine level, so we switched to tablets. Then we began getting rain (everyday for a week). After that, we had backswimmers in our pool. I was told to shock it everyday for a week to kill them. I did that, and on day 6, there were still a few in it. I had the water tested on Saturday and the employee told me that the balance and chlorine levels were all good. The water was clear. I asked what to do to get completely rid of the backswimmers. She sold me a bottle of liquid algaecide and told me to pour half to a full bottle in. I did that and the water turned opaque over night. Since it was Sunday, I couldn't go back to the pool store. I read online that when algaecide did that, shock would clear it, so we shocked again and have been running the pump for 24 hours. The water is better, but is still cloudy. I am at the point that I am considering draining and scrubbing the liner and starting over. Is there anything else that I should try first?
The pool is AG, vinyl, holds about 3200 gallons. It has a cartridge filter (which we also changed several times during this process).