Lurker attempting first SLAM

Be safe: find the electrical breaker for the light and flip it off before pulling the light out. Turn the breaker back on only once everything is cleaned and put back together.

Man!! You guys are good!! So I pulled the light. That may have been the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. And I've seen some pretty gross things. It was like I was vomited on by the light casing. Thick, green, nasty stuff just came spewing out of it. And there I sat. Right in front of it. With my face in the water. Classic.

Not sure what u want pics of. I didn't take any of the algae from behind the light, and I've already vacuumed it up. But here's a pic of me rinsing out my filter. That dropped the pressure 3 psi.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 110
Was hoping your wife / girlfriend / minion was taking pictures of you leaning into the pool and the POOF cloud of goo.

My favorite ... "Back up kiddos daddy is about to do something stupid!"

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
karmabiker said:
Was hoping your wife / girlfriend / minion was taking pictures of you leaning into the pool and the POOF cloud of goo.

My favorite ... "Back up kiddos daddy is about to do something stupid!"

This post is just waaaayyyyyy too funny, in every single way. HAHA
Thanks for laughs!
I especially love the "minion". *Peter Lorre voice* "Yes master, yes."
:laughblue:

Slim Daddy said:
I would fully endorse that step being added to the list of instructions.

Me, too!

I've been using SLAM to clear a swamp. The water has been beautifully clear for days, but CC was 1.0 every morning. I had seen the threads here on algae-filled light niches, and finally checked mine out this weekend. Yep, green/black algae was in there.

I think it's worth adding this to things to check on the "clearing a swamp" sticky.

Ok, so I think I'm finally done w the slam. My water is crystal clear. My FC stayed at 20 ppm over night. But my CC making me hesitant. It's ALMOST clear after one drop. Just a very tiny bit of pink left. It's like if I could do one and a half drops it would be fine. But I thought maybe since I didn't lose any chlorine overnight that maybe it was good. Any thoughts??

Since your water is clear, FC loss is less than or equal to 1ppm and only one drop to neutralize the CC test, meaning 0.5ppm CC or less, you have passed all 3 criteria.

There will always be something the FC is killing, hence the CCs present. Sometimes they're there and sometimes not. But always at or less than .5ppm and you're fine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.