Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: On board with BBB

1. Back To Top    #1

On board with BBB

After fighting with my pool year after year with endless pucks, powder, water replacement and pool store snake oil, I have embraced the BBB method. I have read pool school and already have a greater understanding of not only what it will take to keep my pool trouble free but why it will as well. Looking forward to learning more and more as I read the advice and information here.

Pool is currently blue but a bit cloudy. Only small sediment noted in shallow end and no large debris. No current test results as I am missing some reagents from my Taylor K-2006 kit. I was able to test my CYA at 60 after a partial drain and refill. Figure my FC to be a little low and will begin the shock process as soon as my reagents get to me. No local pool stores carried them (HMMM...WONDER WHY? )

I've got 30 gallons of bleach ready to go and looking forward to slamming that pool. Can't wait to feel the satisfaction of passing the OCLT and getting that sparkly clear water soon. This site has empowered me to take control of that big hole in the ground in my backyard and not allow myself to be poolstored anymore.

This is a wonderful site and I hope to be a useful contributor to this fine online community!
    18 X 36, 29 K gallon, Sand Filter, Inground Vinyl Lined, 3/4 HP pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    Redmond, OR

Re: On board with BBB

Excellent! Glad to hear you're learning plenty, absorbing lots and beginning to practice the fine art of TFP maintenance.
    Here's to the freedom from the pool store that we afford one another!
    Thanks for reading... - Tony
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D

3. Back To Top    #3
    DFW, Texas

Re: On board with BBB

Welcome to TFP!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.