Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: lazy river pool question

1. Back To Top    #1

lazy river pool question

I am interested in building a small lazy river to be designed with my future pool. I can't find much out there on lazy river pools. I do know that they have to be at least 5' wide and 2'6" deep for comfort, but I don't know how much (shotcrete/rebar) reinforcement is needed so it won't crack. I also don't know how many jets-per-length I would need to maintain flow. The pool design would be a simple rectange(pool) with a smashed circle(lazy river) connected to the top.
    If anyone could point me in the correct direction, it would be most appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2
    welcome to TFP!

Sounds like a really fun plan! Sorry, I have no idea where you could find specs for a lazy river...

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: lazy river pool question

I have the same issue. Want a lazy river. Don't know if my backyard will fit. Can't find much out there.

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW Indiana

Pumps to get that kind of flow would be enormous. 3-phase for sure.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

5. Back To Top    #5

Central Texas

I agree with JohnT. You have to move a LOT of water to make a lazy river work properly. Seems to me that anytime it was on that the disc in the electric meter would be spinning like a top. Unless you want a really slow lazy river.
    26,000 Gallon Gunnite IGP
    2 HP Challenger High Head Pump
    60sf Nautilus DE filter
    Polaris 280