Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hows this look ?? Pic

1. Back To Top    #1

Hows this look ?? Pic

PH was over 8.0 ... Added some minus yesterday. This look good?
    '
    Attached Images Attached Images
    15ft Round, Above Ground , Rheem 106K Heater , Black Diamond 90 Cartridge Filter, Pool Frog(disconnected) ,TF-100, City of Chicagos finest H20

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hows this look ?? Pic

Looks 7.4-7.5ish to me. Your chlorine is low though do you have the fas/dpd test kit also?
    Nathan
    15x30 gunite 18k gallons Hayward star clear plus 120sqft cart

3. Back To Top    #3

I have 5 test kit bought at american pool sales , i know i have order a better kit..im gonna add a cup or so of liquid chlor. tonite....should i leave the ph alone? Thanx for the help
    15ft Round, Above Ground , Rheem 106K Heater , Black Diamond 90 Cartridge Filter, Pool Frog(disconnected) ,TF-100, City of Chicagos finest H20

4. Back To Top    #4

The TA is at 90ppm... I count the drops to turn from green to red , then x by 10....9 drops

5. Back To Top    #5

Your ph looks fine right now. But you need to be able to test for fc and cc as well as cya so a good test kit will be your best investment towards a crystal clear trouble free pool
    Nathan
    15x30 gunite 18k gallons Hayward star clear plus 120sqft cart

6. Back To Top    #6

Yea , im gonna order one tomarrow for sure . Thanks

7. Back To Top    #7

For this test block, you can add an extra drop of the OTO and Phenol to see if it make reading the colors easier. The colors will be more saturated (darker) but the hue (color) will not be different. The extra drop may making reading it easier and it will not changes the readings.

Good job on ordering the test kit, you will not regret the investment.

I highly recommend this one.You will NOT find it in any store. TF-100
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

8. Back To Top    #8

Just ordered the kit ... Yea water looking a little cloudy as of today. Might give a little shot of HTH Liquid Chlor. til test gets here. Thank for the help much appreciated.

9. Back To Top    #9

Yes, keep that chlorine up a bit while you wait.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits