2speed pump?

Jul 21, 2013
i have a 2speed pump, but havent been able to get the toggle switch toggle.
The toggle switch white,yellow is pre-connected by manf. to connector 1, 2 (yellow line is on 2), connector 3 has no connection. The BLACK wire is caped off.
-i am using standard on/off pool switch box, 2 hot wires, 1 green-gnd. comes into the pump.
-i connected the two hotwires to withe and yellow lines, it pumps at slow speed.

if i move the yellow wire to connector 3, and bring one of hot wires to connector 3, and connect the BLACK line to connector 2, it pumps at highspeed, but wont toggle to low speed.

any one knows how to fix the issue?

Welcome to TFP!

You should leave the white and yellow wires from the switch on 1 and 2. Then one of your hot goes to 3 and the other goes to the black wire that is the middle if the switch.

You need to wire the switch into the circuit, as shown on the wiring plate on the motor. Generally one of the hot wires goes to common, the other hot wire goes to the middle connection on the switch and the outer two connections on the switch go to the high and low connections on the motor.

If you post a photo we can probably give you more detailed help.

"
You should leave the white and yellow wires from the switch on 1 and 2. Then one of your hot goes to 3 and the other goes to the black wire that is the middle if the switch.
"
Did just that, but still only runs at slow speed wont toggle to high-speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.