trying to use anionic polymer

PPaul

Apr 2, 2013
Hi,
I have 35 kg of anionic polymer, for drinking water treatment.
I will try to use it like a clarifer to let solids in suspension in pool with a bad hydrodynamics and sand filters.
The aim is to avoid vacuming pools once a week.
Is someone know something about the risks and effects... :?:
Thanks.

Just keep in mind that most clarifiers are cationic polymers and you should absolutely not use your anionic polymer at the same time as a cationic polymer or you will get a precipitated mess.

An anionic polymer won't usually consolidate as much suspended matter in a pool as a cationic polymer because the surfaces of most cells are negative so are attracted to the positive cationic polymer but would be repelled by the negative anionic polymer.

Besides, for material that you normally have to vacuum, it's much too large and heavy for a polymer to handle. If you want to automatically stir up leaves and other material from the bottom to be able to skim them, then you would use something like Proteam System Support, but that's when you've got a lot of material in the pool, not for regular maintenance.

I try the anionic polimer one time in a pool. It was very difficult to disolve in water. or in many water more than 10 L to have 1 ppm in a pool of 30 m3.
The result was good (pool look better the next day) without problem with the sand filter.
But the problem to disolve it..., the time to spend to test the water to try NO3- :sleep: (I don´t know if the oxidation of Anionic Polyacrylamide produce NO3-) , I don't use it. So I use PoliQAC, with aluminium.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.